You're currently on:
- Home >
- Teavivre Custom Made Chinese Gongfu Gaiwan
- Material: Gao Bai Tu (高白土)
- Origin: Dehua (德化), Quanzhou, Fujian (one of the Top 3 famous porcelain and ceramic places)
- Sintering Temperature: 1330° C
- Dimensions: height 7.5cm / width 8.5cm
- Capacity: 90ml / 3.04oz
- Net Weight: 150g
- Crafting: Semi-hand
This gongfu gaiwan is custom made by TeaVivre’s careful selection. The gaiwan looks exquisite, is comfortable to hold. It is well made, pour our water smoothly. The white color is elegant. The lid is printed with TeaVivre logo. On the body of the gaiwan, there is a representative icon of Chinese tea ceramany, 茶道 (cha dao).
Gaiwan is a common tool that used in tea ceramany, as well as in the gongfu way for brewing tea. A set of gongfu tea wares must includes gaiwan, pitcher, tea cup, and additionally some tea accessories. Gaiwan is made up of a lid, a chawan, and a saucer. The lid indicates heaven. The saucer symbolizes earth, while the chawan stands for human. With this conception, the whole gaiwan indicates the unity of heaven, earth and men. TeaVivre does not only infuse teas, but also learn the spirit of tea culture in brewing. We hope to share the Chinese gongfu gaiwan, as well as its tea culture, with tea lovers in the world.
I bought this... Write a Review
Write a Review
Commonly asked questions
- Q: How many ml does this gaiwan hold? Posted on 8/2/13 by Ruby
Reply: This gaiwan's capacity is 90 ml.