You're currently on:
- Home >
- Economical Yixing Purple Clay (Zi Sha) Tea Set 14 Pieces
Economical Yixing Tea Set for Brewing Tea in Gongfu Way
- This set including: 1 teapot + 1 pitcher + 10 tea cups + 1 strainer + 1 strainer stand
- Material: Purple Clay from Yixing
- Origin: Yixing, Jiangsu, China
- Craft: Semi-handmade
- Dimensions and Capacity:
Teapot: 4.5” W x 2.8” H (11.5cm x 7cm) 128ml (4.3oz)
Tea Cup: 2.0” W x 1.0” H (5.2 cm x 2.7cm) 27ml (0.9oz)
- Net weight: 327g
- Application: Good for brewing Oolong Tea, Pu-erh Tea, Black Tea.
Purple clay: The purple clay (Zi Sha) has the characteristics of fast heat transmission and good heat preservation. Teapots made by this material are specifically designed to retain the aroma and flavors of the tea. It is better to use a certain Zi Sha Teapot only for one kind of tea.
This clay is porous when fired and is ideal for the making of teapots. Over time, the clay absorbs the flavors from the tea and releases them later. The teapots have become popular in China since the North Song Dynasty and were traded to many countries.
I bought this... Write a Review
Write a Review
Commonly asked questions
- Q: I'm a returning customer and want to make sure this is an authentic Yixing zisha tea set. i've bought many fake zisha teapot in the past, which many just normal clay with purple paint on it. Please confirm this is REAL ZiSha set before i make my purchase. Posted on 4/29/16 by Mike
Reply: Thanks for your question.
There’re several factors to influence the quality of the yixing teapot: its clay, firing craft and craft of the producers. Our Economical Yixing Purple Clay (Zi Sha) Tea Set 14 Pieces is made of purple clay, the clay is porous when fired, not just paint on it. I think our customers’ feedback proved its quality quite well.
Hope it’s helpful for you.
- Q: If I am brewing Guang Dong Phoenix Dan Cong Oolong Tea in a Yixing pot, do I need another pot for Tie Guan Yin Oolong Tea? I have been told both yes and no. Posted on 1/6/15 by Margarethe Ingram
Reply: Dear Margarethe,
Thank you very much for writing to us.
For Zisha teapot has special dual porosity structure, it can absorb the tea liquid and tea flavor. Thus we say if you want to keep the pure tasting of teas, you should use one teapot to brew the same kind of tea. One teapot for pu-erh, one for black tea and one for oolong tea. Since Guang Dong Phoenix Dan Cong Oolong Tea and Tie Guan Yin Oolong Tea are both oolong teas, you can use one teapot to brew them. But some people use two teapots to brew oolongs, one for Qingxiang oolong and one for Yun Xiang. So this depends on you.
Hope this is helpful for your concern. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Q: As a followup to Daniel's question, would you say that the pitcher and cups should only be used for the same type of tea you are electing to use for the pot? Thus, should I get a glazed ceramic cup and pitcher for making multiple teas? Posted on 8/10/14 by Nick
Reply: Dear Nick,
It is better to be used to brew the same kind of tea. You can only buy another teapot, so you do not need to get a new glazed ceramic cup and pitcher. Furthermore, if you do not too care about this, you can use only one teapot to brew other teas too.
- Q: What do I need to boil the water in? Would I have to buy another pot for that? Posted on 7/10/14 by Josh Wampler
Reply: Dear Josh,
Actually the Yixing Zi Sha Teapot can not heat on the fire directly, so you will need a container to add water. It can be a kettle, or you can first boil the water, then pour into a cup and last pour into the teapot.
- Q: I don't know a lot about Yixing teapots, but I read that after having used them for some time that they can actually make tea taste better. My question is, are some Yixing teapots better at producing a more complex tea than other Yixing teapots? If so, what makes them better, and how can I know which pots are better than others?
Thank you. Posted on 4/25/14 by Daniël
Reply: The quality of Yixing teapot depends on its clay, firing craft and craft of the producers. Affected by these three factors, the different Yixing teapot indeed has a different effects on the teas' flavors. Choosing a teapot made with good clay and by a famous producer, in this way it will guarantee the quality of the teapot.
In general you can learn the information of the Yixing teapot's clay, producers or other information through the seller's description.