Why Green Tea Can Lose Weight
Tea tree is called Camellia sinensis (L.) O. Kuntze. Picking fresh tea leaf from the trees, then craft them by the typical progress of non-fermentation, removing green, roasting and drying. This is how green tea made. The production and liquor both persist the green color of fresh tea leaves.
Green tea of high quality has green dry tea, green liquor and green tea leaves, which is the so called “Three Green”. As the hero that helping green tea drinkers, EGCG(tea polyphenol) could prevent cancer, reduce blood fat, protecting you from radiation and decrease the damage of nicotine.
Make a rational schedule of three meals and tea time could do less for more effects for your weight loss. Meanwhile a proper storage method could maintain the nutrition in tea leaves maximally.
The Benefits of Tea Polyphenols
Green tea contains the wonderful EGCG polyphenol, these specific antioxidants helps to increase metabolism. It also naturally contains a very small amount of caffeine, which is a natural appetite suppressant. This is what makes green tea slimming in one aspect, as you have a decreased appetite with a higher metabolism.
Tea Polyphenol: Comparing Fresh Tea Leaves With Green Tea
Tea polyphenols is the generic term of polyphenol materials in teas, which is the main composition that forms tea’s aroma, flavor, color and is the major factor of its health function. The capability of detoxification and anti-radiation makes tea polyphenols able to protect bone marrow form radioactive substance. Therefore it is praised as “Radiation killer” in the field of health and medicine. The picture above (from Hunan Agriculture University, 2001) shows a clear result: green tea contains 22% of tea polyphenols, which is 1% less than the amount in fresh tea leaves. Green tea contains the largest amount of tea polyphenols among all kinds of teas. Catechuic acid takes 70% in tea polyphenols, is the major element of polyphenol, as well as the key of the high quality of green tea. Catechuic acid also takes an important part in the body function of immunity and anti-radiation. This is not the only reason why people like green tea. Green tea contains aromatic compound, which can dissolve fat, help your body wipe out greasiness, prevent fat from stocking in your body, ease digestion.
- Besides, catechuic acid has the function of antioxidant, improving metabolism, scavenging free radicals. It is able to decrease fat by activating protein kinase and triglyceride lipase, then achieves the goal of reducing weight.
Premium Green Tea: Leading the Tide of Slimming
Nowadays people keeps a fast-paced life, while with an irregular sport time. Therefore the habit of keeping a healthy diet is came up. People holds different ideas of tea’s weight loss function. Usually they chose Pu-erh tea for losing weight, meanwhile taking aerobic exercise, such as riding, to keep fit. Green tea could also give same effects as Pu-erh tea for long-term drinking.
Improve Digestion, Dissolve Fat
Intestines and stomach is the largest organ for digestion in the body. But if you take too much food, the stomach will not be able to digest so that the calorie will accumulate. If this persists, fat will happen. Aromatic compounds in green tea can melt fat, prevent it from accumulating in your body; the Vitamin B1, C and low caffeine in green tea can stimulate secretion of stomach juices, helping digestion and reducing fat.
How much Green Tea do You Need to Drink
Drinking around 3-4 cups a day is said to help weight loss. This however, is under a lot of controversy because people like to try pills instead. Green tea slimming diets are healthier for you when you consume only the tea, and not pills. Pills often have added ingredients such as hoodia, or other appetite suppressants such large doses of caffeine in them.
Further suppressing your appetite will take off extra weight, but when you stop drinking green tea the weight loss will come back. Green tea is healthy, and tastes great so you can continue drinking it on a long term basis. You should also drink a lot of water since caffeine is a natural diuretic to make sure you stay well hydrated.
More Benefits for Frequent Drinking
- Refreshing your mind: caffeine in green tea, which could excite nervous contrails, promote metabolism and improve blood circulation, is a fine stimulant.
- Heart helpful: too much salts staying in your body will cause blocks of blood circulation, which is connected with hypertension and heart disease. Caffeine in green tea can reduce the amount of salt in your blood. Meanwhile the function of dieresis of green tea could help you eliminate spare salt. Your body function could be improved with some suitable exercise beside drinking green tea.
- Diuretic: generally, urination times and amount could be increased by drinking more water. But to drink green tea is different from water. Green tea is diuretic that could strength the muscle of kidney, making it contracting stronger so that spare salt in your body could be eliminated easily.
A Good Habit of Rational Diet Can Help You Lose Weight
As it’s so functional for keeping diet, a good habit of drinking green tea could help you to have a more effective result of losing weight.
Do Not Drink in One Hour After Meal
Green tea contain plenty of tannic acid. If you drink too much tea, the tannic acid will combine with Fe in your blood, producing a insoluble substance, hindering the absorbing of Fe. Drinking tea immediately after meals for a long time could cause anemia. So wait for an hour, when your body has already absorbed all the Fe from what you eat, then drink teas. Thus the absorbing of Fe will not be disturbed.
Combining Work and Break: Take Enough Exercise
Do not sit down or take strenuous exercise immediately after you finish your meal. It’s better to stand for half an hour or take a slow walk. Many people are busy with work or study. They have no time for managing a good diet. If they could only stand for half an hour after meal, the trouble of fat accumulating can be resolved, meanwhile saving their time of losing time afterwards.
When you are looking to shed pounds with any diet you need to check with your doctor. Making sure you don’t have any underlying health concerns. Your doctor will also suggest you exercise, and eat healthy as well as drinking green tea for maximum benefit as well. There are several ways to purchase and then brew it, but you will want to make sure you don’t add a lot of sugar. This can actually add weight instead of helping you lose it.
Your Perseverance and Persist
You may have found with everyday’s drinking green teas, and the control of food intake, you will feel hungry often, especially in the 5 hours before bed-time. The very don’t do thing of losing weight is to eat before sleep. Calories will not be used during sleep. The things you’ve eaten will be stocked by your body as fat. If you are too hungry, you can only eat few boiled vegetables or fruits.
Matters Need Attention of Tea Drinking
- Do not use tea to take medicine. The caffeine in teas is cordial, not suitable for depressant, anti-tussive and hypnotic medicine. Besides, polyphenols in teas will react to medicines and produce sedimentation, which affects efficacy.
- Do not drinking tea when hungry. If you do, the tea will dilute acid in your empty stomach, restrain your stomach juices’ secretion.
- Drink proper amount of teas every day. Too much tea will impact your sleep.
- Tea polyphenols and amino acid will oxidized if the liquor is exposed to air too long. The tea will get darker in color, and lighter aroma and flavor than first brew.
- Use 80℃ to 90℃ water for infusing green tea. For tea in bags, 60℃ water will be enough. The first infusion, known as wash the leaves, needs to pour the liquor after brewed with a little water. It’s better been drank in 30 – 60 minutes. So that, you can get more health benefits from green tea.
- Green tea slimming diets not only work, but they are full of benefits to your health. Just remember that drinking tea alone won’t produce amazing effects. With moderate exercise, and eating healthy green tea will boost your metabolism, and help you shed unwanted weight quicker than just diet or exercise alone. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
Proper Storage Method for Green Teas
Tea should not stay in air for long time for being easily oxidized and deteriorated. Tea tradesmen pay lots of attention on tea’s storage. They usually use quick lime, charcoal and refrigerating methods for keeping tea leaves. However, we may don’t have those condition in families. We could use plastic bags or aluminum foil bags that can be well sealed. Push air out from the bags as much as you can after putting teas in. It could be helpful if you add another bag out of it, in order to protect it from light. Metal can, especially Tin can is the best for storage, which performs well in preventing moisture, anti-oxidization, blocking light and avoiding odor. Fridge can be useful, too. Because green tea is better stored in 0 ℃ to 5 ℃. You can pack the green teas in well-sealed aluminum foil bags or tin cans then put them in your fridge. It’s a good way for storage of green tea at home. If you had purchased some new spring teas of this year, and are not willing to drink them in the near future, you could use this for storage.