You're currently on:
- Home >
- Ripened Aged Loose Pu-erh Tea
A fabulous loose leaf Pu-Erh tea
- Grown in Simao(思茅), Pu'er, Yunnan, China
- Picked in July 2006 by hand
- Large, red-brown coloured leaves
- Makes a tea with a dark brown color
- A complex mellow, earthy flavour and aroma
- Production Date: July, 2006
- Low caffeine (less than 10% of a cup of coffee)
Authentically made and aged in Yunnan province from broad leaf Yunnan tea trees, TeaVivre's loose leaf Pu'erh is brews up into a delicious tea, that has a unique strong, earthy flavour and dark brown color that is quite distince from all other Chinese teas.
Our Pu-erh tea meet the most strictly European low pesticide residues standard for agricultural products. View Quality Safety Analyzing Report
Recommend Brewing Guide:
|Western Method||Chinese Gongfu Way|
|Water : 17oz / 500ml 212℉ / 100℃||Water : 3oz / 85ml 212℉ / 100℃|
|Use 1.5 Tablespoons / 10 Grams Tea||Use 5 Grams Tea|
|3 - 10 mins||8 steeps : rinse,10s,15s,20s,25s,35s,45s|
|Teapot may be your choice||Gaiwan or yixing teapot may be your choice|
Rinsing time is around 5 seconds
Pu erh belongs to a post-fermented tea, and sometimes classified as a dark tea (dark tea is one of the six classes of tea in China). Interestingly in China, there is some debate about whether Pu'erh actually is a “tea”, due to it having a completely distinct aging process. We of course tend to side by the argument that its made from tea leaves, and brewed in water – so its a tea!
There are various types of Pu'erh that are distinguished from their packaging (whether loose leaf or in various compacted block forms). Generally loose leaf Pu'erh, like TeaVivre's, is regarded as having the best taste and aroma, that is stimulating to drink and will last for 9 infusions by using Gaiwan 3oz.
Brief Health Info
Pu-erh tea has been touted for many years as a great weight loss tea because of its ability to help us burn fat and shed pounds, as well as having a deliciously mellow and deeply earthy flavor.
Pu erh has a mild, gentle nature to it, and so is great to drink if you have a delicate stomach or trouble drinking other teas. People in south western China usually drink this tea during meals, to help with digestion.
Of course, like the health benefits of all tea , it contains antioxidants!
Where is Our Puerh tea Produced
The original material is from Yunnan province in an area that has been producing high quality Pu erh for over 800 years. This area is on the edge of Tibet, and has a very high elevation and warm summers with abundant rainfall, giving the tea trees especially large, plump buds and leaves that are perfect for making Pu erh.
About Yunnan Large-leaf Species
Yunnan Large-leaf tea tree is a rare tea varieties in the world. It is a kind which is best to make puerh tea. Yunnan has unique advantage in its geographical position, it is rich in rainfall and its proper temperature is good for planting large-leaf tea trees. The tea leaves from this kind of tea varieties growing in this perfect environment are abundant in polyphenols, catechins, amino acids, caffeine content.
Pu'erh tea is one of the oldest types of tea in China, with a history stretching back over 1,700 years to the Eastern Han Dynasty, when the tea was called Jing Cha. Pu'erh is named after the town of Pu-erh in Yunnan province, which was the early trading center for this tea. In this teas early history it was used as a bartering currency in south west China. In south west China the famed Cha Ma Gu Dao - “Tea Horse Road” - was built especially to transport this tea through the Himalayas to other countries and areas in Tibet.
I bought this... Write a Review
Write a Review
Commonly asked questions
- Q: I have had Pu-erh before, I typically rinse it for a minute, and then will drink throughout the morning without further rinses, is that wrong for this tea? Posted on 9/22/14 by KG
Reply: Thank you very much for writing yo us. Just brewing one time is ok, but the brewing time is a little bit short. You can brewing the pu-erh tea in western ways as our websire mentioned: http://www.teavivre.com/info/brew-an-enjoyable-pu-erh-tea/
- Q: I'm interested in purchasing this specifically for weight loss reasons. I just bought the teabags from a local Chinese store. I have never tried leaves before. Could you please tell me the difference between the bags and your product here? Also, will I need any special kitchen equipment to make the tea if I buy your leaves? I have no idea how to make tea from leaves, so please help! Thanks Posted on 11/2/13 by Abi A
Reply: Thank you for interesting in our teas. Normally, pu-erh leaves or cakes are better than tea bags, because for Pu-erh teas, it is better to be made into cake or brick shape for its unique processing. The compressed appearance can make sure the tea’s flavor and taste be remained, and can help the leaves continueing to ferment under the natural condition. Considering this, the tea bag pu-erh is not able to continue the fermentation, as well as restrain its original flavor. Thus its benefit of losing weight may be less than the original compressed puerh.
If you want to learn how to brew pu-erh tea cake, what tools to use, you can check our article of How to Brew an Enjoyable Pu-erh Tea: http://www.teavivre.com/info/brew-an-enjoyable-pu-erh-tea/
- Q: Does this tea help you loose weight? If you drink it daily Posted on 5/8/13 by Ronald verA
Reply: Yes, it will. The key of drinking pu-erh tea to lose weight is to keep long-term using.
- Q: The summary says "Low caffeine (less than 10% of a cup of coffee)". Does the tea itself contain less than 10% caffeine of a cup of coffee, or only when having followed the instructions and having rinsed the tea first? Posted on 3/25/13 by Daniël v.k
Reply: The "Low caffeine" refers to the amount of caffeine in dry leaves, lower than 10% of the amount in a cup of coffee. In fact the amount of caffeine has already been declined during its making process. And after the tea is brewed, its amount will again be decreased. Therefore the liquid contains much less caffeine.
- 100% secure using SSL encryption and data encryption
- 100% quality guarantee
- 15 day no questions refund
- Refund for any shipping damage
- Pay with