You're currently on:
- Home >
- Xi Shi Yixing Purple Clay (Zi Sha) Teapot
Beautiful Shape Yixing Purple Clay (Zi Sha) Teapot for Brewing Teas in Gongfu Way
- Material: Original Purple Clay from Huang Long Shan (黄龙山), Yixing
- Origin: Yixing (宜兴), Jiangsu, China
- Craft: Handmade
- Capacity: 140ml (4.7oz)
- Dimensions: 4.3” W x 2.8” H (11cm x 7cm)
- Net weight: 140g
- Application: Good for brewing Oolong Tea, Pu-erh Tea, Black Tea.
Purple clay: The purple clay (Zi Sha) has the characteristics of fast heat transmission and good heat preservation. Teapots made by this material are specifically designed to retain the aroma and flavors of the tea. It is better to use a certain Zi Sha Teapot only for one kind of tea.
This clay is porous when fired and is ideal for the making of teapots. Over time, the clay absorbs the flavors from the tea and releases them later. The teapots have become popular in China since the North Song Dynasty and were traded to many countries.
Xi Shi Yixing Zi Sha Teapot with element shape, natural beauty as Xi Shi (西施 the name of one of the four great beauties of ancient China) is a classic style which is the first choice for Zi Sha Teapot lovers.
Elegant and fluent line, the proportion coordination, all show the beauty of the full state.
The body of teapot like the pure full round face of a beautiful girl.
The spout like beauty cherry mouth of a girl, gentle and graceful. It is not only beautiful, but also practical.
The pearl on the lid just symbolizes the tuinga of the noble person in Chinese ancient times.
The handle of the teapot like a woman’s elegant bun which naturally reveal woman’s lovely figure.
The inside and bottom of the teapot is carefully crafted.
Tea liquor flowing easy and smooth.
Excellent air tightness
Press the tiny hole on the lid, downward the spout and no water will leak.
Pour water full of the teapot and press the spout, downward the lid it will still tightly stick with teapot.
A common Chinese saying goes “In the eyes of a lover, Xi Shi appears”. This phrase means that everyone thinks his/her own partner is as beautiful as Xi Shi, regardless of how they may appear to other people. It is believable that every tea lover and Yixing Clay (Zi Sha) teapot lover will has his “Xi Shi” in his heart.
I bought this... Write a Review
Write a Review
Commonly asked questions
- Q: This teapot is a recent purchase of mine. All is well, only I have noticed what looks like clay sediments at the bottom of the second teapot I use to pour the brew in. This is minimal, but is it normal? Does it stop over time? Posted on 4/19/14 by A.Z.
Reply: The sediments are normal to be found in newly made Yixing teapots. That's why it is suggested to season the teapot before its first use, aiming to prepare the teapot for brewing, as well as to remove the dirts and dusts away. If it is not convenient for you to season the teapot, a basic careful clean would also be helpful.
So you may not worry. The clay sediments will be gone after washing the teapot.
- Q: I got the teapot and everything was in order. The only thing I noticed about it was that it smelled a bit odd like straw or hay. Is that normal? Posted on 9/19/13 by Brendon Braun
Reply: It is the normal flavor of new Yixing teapot, which actually is the flavor of purple clay. Usually it smells like earth. This flavor can be removed by seasoning the teapot.
- Q: Hello, Do you have smaller teapots? I'm looking to 100ml and less. Thanks Posted on 1/30/13 by dim_aa
Reply: This one is 140ml, we suggest you use this kind of Capacity. If the teapot is too small it will not suitable for brewing.
You might also like to look at
$39.90 / 1 set
$58.00 / 1 piece
- $59.00 / 1 set
$44.90 / 1 set