You're currently on:
- Home >
- Xi Shi Yixing Purple Clay (Zi Sha) Teapot
Beautiful Shape Yixing Purple Clay (Zi Sha) Teapot for Brewing Teas in Gongfu Way
- Material: Original Purple Clay from Huang Long Shan (黄龙山), Yixing
- Origin: Yixing (宜兴), Jiangsu, China
- Craft: Semi-hand
- Capacity: Zi Ni — 140ml (4.7oz); Duan Ni — 150ml (5.1oz)
- Dimensions: Zi Ni — 4.3” W x 2.8” H (11cm x 7cm); Duan Ni — 4.7” W x 2.8” H (12cm x 7cm)
- Application: Good for brewing Oolong Tea, Pu-erh Tea, Black Tea.
Purple clay: The purple clay (Zi Sha) has the characteristics of fast heat transmission and good heat preservation. Teapots made by this material are specifically designed to retain the aroma and flavors of the tea. It is better to use a certain Zi Sha Teapot only for one kind of tea.
This clay is porous when fired and is ideal for the making of teapots. Over time, the clay absorbs the flavors from the tea and releases them later. The teapots have become popular in China since the North Song Dynasty and were traded to many countries.
Xi Shi Yixing Zi Sha Teapot with element shape, natural beauty as Xi Shi (西施 the name of one of the four great beauties of ancient China) is a classic style which is the first choice for Zi Sha Teapot lovers.
Elegant and fluent line, the proportion coordination, all show the beauty of the full state.
The body of teapot like the pure full round face of a beautiful girl.
Zi Ni 140ml
Duan Ni 180ml
The spout like beauty cherry mouth of a girl, gentle and graceful. It is not only beautiful, but also practical.
The pearl on the lid just symbolizes the tuinga of the noble person in Chinese ancient times.
The handle of the teapot like a woman’s elegant bun which naturally reveal woman’s lovely figure.
The inside and bottom of the teapot is carefully crafted.
Tea liquor flowing easy and smooth.
Excellent air tightness
Press the tiny hole on the lid, downward the spout and no water will leak.
Pour water full of the teapot and press the spout, downward the lid it will still tightly stick with teapot.
A common Chinese saying goes “In the eyes of a lover, Xi Shi appears”. This phrase means that everyone thinks his/her own partner is as beautiful as Xi Shi, regardless of how they may appear to other people. It is believable that every tea lover and Yixing Clay (Zi Sha) teapot lover will has his “Xi Shi” in his heart.
I bought this... Write a Review
Write a Review
Commonly asked questions
- Q: What is the difference between Zi Ni and Duan Ni? Is either more preferred for a specific type of tea? Posted on 4/3/17 by Jon
Reply: Firstly, the color is different, the Duanni teapot is yellow, while the Zini teapot is purple.
And then，Duanni teapot is preferred for more types of tea than Zini teapot. Brew skill is not demanding, more suitable for beginner.
- Q: Hi, what is the shipping weight of this item? Posted on 8/25/16 by Agustin
Reply: Hi , Agustin .
Thanks for your question .
This item Net weight is 140g . i have checked last few orders . the shipping weight contain of the package , one Xi Shi Yixing Purple Clay (Zi Sha) Teapot and 2 free sample are about 570g-585g . of course , it may still not the 100% exactly data , due to the parcels are packed manually .
Hope it helps .
- Q: is this clay zhuni as it looks quite brown and dont resemble zhuni. Posted on 10/19/15 by rein
Reply: Hi rein,
Thank you for your question.
The Xi Shi Yixing Purple Clay (Zi Sha) Teapot is made of zini(紫泥).
zhuni(朱泥)is more towards to red color, you can see our Handmade Antique Style Fanggu Yixing Zisha Teapot, it is made of zhuni.
Hope this is helpful for you.
- Q: I've heard that Yixing clay can no longer be mined, and has been stockpiled over the last few decades. Is this authentic Yixing clay? How was it obtained? Posted on 8/14/15 by Connor
Reply: Hi Connor，
Thank you very much for your question.
This is authentic Yixing Clay. The maker of this teapot is from Yixing. Hope this is helpful for you.
- Q: Hey! I'm looking at purchasing one of the xi shi yixing teapots and have been wondering if they are lead free? If so are they all lead free or are just some of them? Thank you so much for your other awesome explanations on this website about xi shi yixing teapots. You guys are great! Posted on 7/28/15 by N.A.H.
Thank you very much for writing to our Teavivre.
Please do not worry, for all our Zisha Teapots are lead free. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
You might also like to look at
$181.00 / 1 piece
$58.00 / 1 piece
$42.90 / 1 set